Dr. Leo Man and Dr. Roxanne Ramirez may recommend dental crowns to restore your teeth after they have sustained damage. Dental crowns are typically recommended to:
- Repair teeth that are fractured or broken
- Restore and support teeth with cracks or chipping
- Support a tooth with a large filling or little remaining natural tooth structure
- To protect a tooth after a root canal
- Restore and protect teeth weakened by decay
- Improve the appearance of the tooth with cosmetic flaws (severe discoloration, irregular shape, etc.)
- Cover an implant and finish replacing a missing tooth
- Anchor a dental bridge
Dental crowns can be made of several different materials, including gold, porcelain and porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are extremely popular as porcelain matches the color, feel and translucency of tooth enamel to blend in with your natural teeth and smile.
A crown typically requires two appointments with our dentists to complete: one in which the tooth is prepared and an impression taken, and one in which the final crown is bonded into place.
For more information about dental crowns in Santa Ana, California, and to set up a consultation with our experienced dentists, call SA Dental today at 714-852-3140. We look forward to helping you renew your smile!